Monday, December 18, 2006

How you tore your dress, what a mess, I confess, that’s not all…

These two blog entries should go chronologically the other way, but for the sake of ending on a positive note, I’ve switched them….

My parents called this morning to say Merry Christmas since I might not get reception in the Himalayas on the actual day. (that’s right, who else can say they’ll be spending Christmas in the shadow of Mt. Everest?!) Anyways, I found out from them that my sister and brother-in-law put together this amazing package for me full of stuff I love and miss and that it got either lost or stolen on its way out here. And as I am increasingly more and more emotionally fragile lately - because of leaving soon and coming home soon and Christmas without family and all the million feelings and emotions that will drag me from one extreme to the next in the next few weeks – that news was icing on the cake and led to a mini breakdown after I got off the phone.
That being said, even though I didn’t get it, just knowing my sister put it all together and everything makes me feel excited to go home which is coming unbelievably close!
So thank you Laura and Vince. Even though it didn’t make it, it makes me miss you all the more!

I also got some really great e-mails today too, so it makes things a bit better. Thanks to all of you who, even though you’re on Christmas holidays, remembered me and sent me a shout out…and because your e-mail isn’t getting through Cait, I hope you read this and know I’m thinking about you and counting down the days until we can sit down and have a good long hot apple cider and some good cake so that it no longer feels like a dream!

No comments: