Sunday, December 03, 2006

i recall central park in fall...

I got a package from home yesterday, filled with Halloween candy and letters and pictures of my roommates and King’s Chronicles. It was awesome. And it was the perfect day to get it too. It was a slow, unexciting first day of the work week kind of day and I was not looking forward to slogging my way through this first week of December. But now I have pictures of Edmonton and roommates and snow on my wall that I can look at while I eat mini bags of sour skittles (which, by the way have an amazing new blue flavour!) and Canadian chocolate. And even though I am in my final stretch here, it seems to me the perfect time to get this gift which gives me both strength to throw myself wholeheartedly into this last month as well as strengthening in me my longing for home and getting ready to come back. So roommates…thank you. And I notice from the pictures of home that you have kept up all the creepy pictures of me that I left lying around to keep my “presence” in the house. You rock.

No comments: