Wednesday, December 06, 2006

if it takes a lifetime...

I talked to my niece tonight on the phone and she told me about a Christmas party she had been at and a gift she had gotten there and how she could even braid this doll’s hair and everything. And she sounded so excited about it I genuinely got excited about it an told her that I couldn’t wait to see her doll. And without skipping a beat, she said to me, “We can’t wait to see YOU Auntie Bri”.
Exactly a month from today I will step off the plane in Calgary. And though I’m not quite in “countdown mode” quite yet, that’s 31 sleeps! 31 sleeps until I get to hug them and see that doll in person!

2 comments:

Jane said...

Bri, I'm so excited for you. Its hard to believe that time passes so quickly. Please tell me, though, I hope this doesn't mean your blog-life will be ending! I so enjoy reading your thoughts.
Just sitting on my futon at the moment, catching up on emails.
Futon, ahhhh - your right, the very word "futon" does have a calming effect.

bri said...

Jane,
first of all, i am addicted to blogging now, so when i have regular internet connection I imagine it will only get worse, plus, I will still be reading your blog regularly so I'll use reading yours as a catalyst for inspiring me to continue with mine!

SO jealous of your futon