Tuesday, October 02, 2007

i just want back in your head...

I don't have much time before the premiere of "The Tudors" on CBC tonight, so this blog will be short, but I felt I needed to write.

Tonight I downloaded Tegan and Sara's new album. It's really good, but wasn't quite what I was looking to listen to tonight but one song was pretty much perfect. It's called "Back into Your Head" and when I read the lyrics, I loved it. I almost got choked up about it. Usually this happens when I feel like I'm at a place in my life where a particular song really speaks to my situation. But sometimes, regardless of what it has to say, I get overwhelmed by songs. This is one of them. Imogene Heap has a song that ends with "Music is worthless unless it can make a complete stranger break down and cry".

Inside this song, tonight, i found space to breathe and that's a precious commodity these days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

; )

i like this blog.

~jamie