Wednesday, December 05, 2007

and when you kiss me on that midnight street, sweep me off my feet...

I bought a christmas tree last night. A live one. About 6 feet tall. I put it in my room. Right in the center, between my piles of clothes and my bed. I have tree sap all over my hands still from cutting the bottom branches off. But it smells beautiful. And last night while I stood in the IGA parking lot, looking at the smallest trees the guys had to offer, it was lightly snowing and I felt like I didn't mind Christmas. Not that I hate Christmas or anything, but it is not my pick when it comes to holidays. Now, I'm getting off track though, because what I really wanted to say was how beautiful it is to sleep under a Christmas tree.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you say CHristmas is not your pick...but, maybe through this tree somehow, you are re-creating it for yourself, in a really beautiful way.

Joel Kelly said...

what is your favourite holiday?

Anonymous said...

did i mention that you are awesome?

Anonymous said...

Well said.