Sunday, January 27, 2008

Moods that take me and erase me...

I find myself doing things or wanting to do things that I believe most other people would find....crazy or start to think I was a little unhinged.

There is a bit of a snow storm today and the wind is whipping the trees and snow and drifts around the yard and I have stood at my bedroom window staring out at it for a while this morning while I listened to the soundtrack from "Once. All of a sudden though, it wasn't enough for me to look at it. I needed to smell the storm and hear it and feel it and so I ripped open my window and let it hit me full in the face. I then opened my other window, the one without a screen and let the wind send snowflakes swirling through my room. They were cold and wild and lost as they melted against my skin and clung to my t-shirt. And I closed my eyes and listened to the music as I breathed in the storm.

There is nothing more powerful to me than wind and music and when they come together, I lose myself in them. Maybe that isn't the best choice of words...I think its more of a finding myself in something larger. But not simply as a piece of the puzzle, but impossibly dissolved into the bigger picture, permeating the whole.



My favourite quote for this week comes from the movie "Mr Magorium's Wonder Emporium". Natalie Portman says "And now we wait." and Dustin Hoffman looks at her and says,

"No! We breathe, we pulse, we regenerate. Our hearts beat. Our minds create. Our souls ingest. Thirty seconds well used, is a lifetime!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wonderful, wonderful, wonderful

Unknown said...

that's beautifully true. and you're not crazy. other people are just not crazy enough. i think.