Wednesday, February 20, 2008

if you could be who you wanted all the time...

I have been thinking about this blog for a while.

Joel has started a new chemistry blog and from what I've seen, is really enjoyable and suits him pretty well. Bethany has been talking about switching blog accounts for some time now because she is unhappy with xanga.
One of Jamie's recent posts (theblogthatismylife.blog.com/2700377/) talks about how she has stuck with her blog for a year now and what that has meant for her. The thing is, when I think about this blog it seems as though I have outgrown it. I started it a few days before I left for Bangladesh and it chronicles my experiences since then. I wasn't planning to continue it once I returned to Canada, but the habit sort of stuck and I love writing my thoughts to this medium. However, "bri in bangladesh" no longer seems to define me.


Reading The Catcher in the Rye today, I came across the passage I've written out in my previous post here today and it started to move something inside my mind that I think will take hold. That being said I've begun a new blog.

*quick disclaimer to bethany: I didn't do this because we joked about it last night, or because everyone else is doing it, or to take the thunder out of the unveiling of your new blog because I am very excited to see it. I just kind of felt like it was time. I know, suspicious timing, but time none-the-less. I hope you are not offended.*

I'm not sure I'm ready for a complete transition, so I've stuck with blogger and you will be able to access both this blog and my new one from now on through my profile: (http://www.blogger.com/profile/00534532930732802181)
I may put new posts up on both sites for a while to ease into the process of moving. My new blog is entitled "gasoline rainbows" (http://gasoline-rainbows.blogspot.com/).

I think "Bri in Bangladesh" was about the big things that test us, "gasoline rainbows" will continue exploring the small things that change us.

I know quite a few of you have been reading my journey thus far, I hope you'll follow me on.

---
On one more strange note, the number 2 has been following me today. This is my 202nd post on this blog, on the 20th of the 2nd month where I wait out the last few days of being 22.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i take no offense to your suspicious timing. although i take some about of offense to the typo in your banner quote on your new blog.

bri said...

fixed