Friday, October 13, 2006

all the glory that the Lord has made, and the complications I could do without..

It is 9:45p.m. and 36 degrees under the fan and I am wearing a hoodie. Before you start believing that I am completely and utterly insane, wait…I have no defense, other than the fact that it feels SO comfy. Though this might not be the night to pull out a sweater, it was the night I needed to. And to be honest, I think my body is in complete and utter shock and doesn’t really know what to do about it.
Today I came home from the office to find that the last of my skittles my roommates bought me had spontaneously combusted (and I know some of you chem geeks who read this will say they didn’t “combust” so I will rephrase that) My skittles exploded. You know when you put skittles in the microwave for 2 seconds too long and they burst? Okay maybe you’ve never heated up your skittles before – try it…its amazing! – but they did so in my secret stash of candy. It got so hot they just burst open and turned into a mass of melted liquid. (it is moments like this that I can’t believe human life – and so much of it – can live in this climate…mind you I’m sure I’ll be saying the same thing when I come back to Canada in the dead of winter!) Anyways, so now I am wearing my hoodie, lying on the couch and licking out my skittles bag full of melted sugary goodness…I love it!

No comments: