Monday, October 23, 2006

make the fireflies dance...

Something in the water??...

This blog entry is dedicated to my many friends who have gotten engaged while I have been gone. It seems like every week I get the crazy wonderful news that another one of my friends has marital plans. Jules, Amy, Jacinda, Cait...all within the past month (and for some reason I feel like there is at least one or two more that I can’t keep straight at the moment)! I am so excited and happy for all of you! It really puts into perspective the idea that life continues while I am gone, and I am disappointed that I can’t physically be there to share in your excitement, but know that I am just as excited here.
I do find it strange though that both Amy and Cait, such formative people in my life these past 5 years, find themselves engaged within weeks of each other. Without knowing each other, you have both found the men who make you happy at the same time and that makes me smile because I have had the privilege of watching it all unfold. You are both awesome and I love you each dearly---that’s right, “dearly”---.and a piece of my heart is there with you until I get there myself to see you in person!

No comments: