Saturday, December 30, 2006

i will love her for miles...

I have only spent one week in Nepal – and despite doing A LOT in those hours – I still know relatively little about the country. What I do know though, is that everything more about it that I know and experience makes me love it. It is hard for me to write about it just as a kind of holiday because in that one week, I have managed to lose a large piece of my heart to the country and the people and the beauty of the nature there. It is my Honduras of Asia in a way….and those of you who know me well will understand how much I have been affected by Nepal. But I am back in Dhaka now, where I have just comfortably begun to feel completely at home and confident in and I must now prepare for returning to Canada within the week. It is ridiculous to think that in these three weeks, each of them have been or will be spent in a different country! Already I have been back in Dhaka two days and I am beginning to look around myself at all the exotic yet everyday activity around me with a kind of nostalgia.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey I know this is random and strange but the song I'm looking for has the same lyric as the title of your entry here ("i will love her for miles") and when i google it, all that comes up is your blog, leading me to believe we're the only two people to have ever heard this song. Its been driving me crazy for a while now and was wondering if you could help me out by emailing me the name of the song and artist are. It would be a huge help and I promise never to bug you again, unless I'm looking for another song and of course once again stumble across your blog haha. My email is "eldirckshowalter@gmail.com" ...I'd be forever greatful. Thanks.

bri said...

I don't know if you'll find this again, but I tried e-mailing it to you and it didn't work...the song is by Danny Michel on his Valhalla album and the song is "I will love you for miles"...hope this helps!

Anonymous said...

I did, thank you very much.

- Eldrick