Wednesday, January 31, 2007

livin' off apple fields and old cigars...

It snowed today. My first snowfall of the year. Sure I came home to plenty of snow, but this was the first time I stood between huge evergreens after work and let the giant snowflakes catch on my jacket and hair and eyelashes. It was beautiful. I love the silence that follows a new snowfall. The city seems thoughtful...as though it's momentum has been slowed by the snow and not just slowed, but seduced. Forward movement turns into upward spirals of wind and flakes, the hum of traffic transformed to wind whistling through evergreen needles. A city seduced by snow...I love it!


*post-script: I did take the job with more money...I'm such a sellout

2 comments:

Talatu-Carmen said...

bri, thanks for your comment on my blog. this is a lovely meditation.

Sameer Vasta said...

Not a sellout: a realist. Take the money now, so when you save up a few years down the line, you can do something more meaningful because you have the financial security. Makes sense to me.