Sunday, January 14, 2007

This could be the very minute, I'm aware I'm alive...

This blog entry is for Jane... I sat down this morning and remembered my promise to keep this going for you my friend, so here I sit, thinking about what I can say about being home at the moment.

Last week this time, I left Dhaka in 21 degrees and today I am curled up on my couch in Edmonton while the crisp winter day outside reads -22 degrees. The snow here is incredible though. I could go sledding in my backyard there is so much of it! Already, even though I've only been in Edmonton for 48 hours, I have seen SO many people and this morning I'm headed to bethany's for brunch to celebrate her move in to a new place and her sister's birthday.

Although I don't feel any kind of 'culture shock' yet, I do find it a bit strange to be back here. I have lived in Edmonton now for almost 5 years and it feels so comfortable to be back here. I would have never guess 4 or 3, even 2 years ago that I would have come to feel so at home here. Curled up on my couch, listening to Snow Patrol - I am content. Do I miss Bangladesh and everything I had and experienced there? yes. but in the same breath, I am already in a new and different phase of my life and I must move with the flow of my life and being back here, watching the sun glint off of snow I am ready for whatever may come next.


"As it turns out, now is the moment you've been waiting for." - Lucinda Williams

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Bri: I am SO glad that you are keeping up your blog. I have become addicted to it! It's great to see you back. Can't wait for a long chat about your adventures.

Jane said...

i will be calling you soon. you can count on that.
i feel like i miss you more somehow. your words are gold.

Jacinda said...

I too am so glad you continue to blog. I am a great fan of your writting and your photos too.

Anonymous said...

Hi! I found your blog when I was actually looking for another's.... but I'm pretty sure you're someone I've heard about! -You see, I used to be Annabel Short's roomate in Bangladesh and was friends with your roommate Alanna! I left Bangladesh in May 06. Anyways, I'm an Alberta girl too, I live an hour south of Edmonton. -I thought that it might be good to connect and chat about Bangladesh... because it's BANGLADESH! You have to have been there to understand in some respects. Anyways, my email is laurasta@telus.net See you!
-Laura

Jane said...

OH MY GOODNESS - Laura did you go to Central Baptist in Edmonton at one point? I have heard your name from, I think, the bible study I used to go to. I remember the girls mentioning your name once or twice. Is this a small world or what! Crazy!