Sunday, March 18, 2007

I'd jump all these mountains and take to the skies...



A few years back - must be about 6 years ago by now - I was watching TV and in one of the commercial breaks, this VW commercials came on. I only ever saw it once. And years later, I still remember it moment for moment. I think its stunning. One of the very best commercials I have ever seen in my entire life and I want to start a campaign to bring it back. While watching TV this weekend, I noticed how only about 1 in ever 20 commercials has any shred of brilliance or even entertainment value. And so to restore some of my faith in the television advertising community I decided to share with you this clip.
I can watch it over and over again carefully watching a different character each time, thinking about their expressions, thoughts, emotions. My favorite part today is when she first notices him as he runs up the stairs and then that last frame where she looks at him and takes that deep breath...keep an eye out for it.

Enjoy

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah that is such a gooder, I don't think I ever saw that one!
Jamie

Sameer Vasta said...

Wow, thanks for sharing that Bri, I've never seen it before. Recently, I saw another absolutely stunning ad.

And yup, it' a VW ad yet again.

Anonymous said...

i rememeber this one! as a proud VW owner - i like your choice in fave commercials

-hails

Anonymous said...

you should go to the garneau when they are playing "world's best commercials." they play them every year. awesome.