Tuesday, May 22, 2007

no more left and right, come on take my side...

Sometimes time stretches out in front of you like it will never end. Standing on this side of the May Long weekend, I work 10 of the next 11 days...10 long days. Its not that I dislike my work, in fact, I usually have a lot of fun with it, but its hard to swallow 10 days of probably over 10 hours each that lie in front of me. Not that I'm complaining either. I just spent the past 5 days taking off work to be at my best friend's wedding. She was stunning. And I know lots of people describe brides that way, but she really was stunning, even with kneehigh stripped socks under that wedding dress. Its strange to have two of my closest friends married within two months of each other. But in both Amy and Cait's case, I am so excited and proud of them because I respect the men they married so much. As Mr Bennet replies to Elizabeth in Pride and Prejudice: "I couldn't have parted with you for anyone less worthy!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that quote, and I love my striped socks. you my dear, are also stunning. Really.
love cait