Friday, June 08, 2007

turn up the music and pray that she makes it through...

I got out of the city last night and went to hang out with some friends I rarely spend time with to celebrate some birthdays. It was probably the most fun I've had in months. A fire, some beer, good conversation, a few rounds of fris-beer...it was fantastic. I love those times when I walk away from the evening and my soul feels lighter. I have incredible friends and even as I get to know each of them more and more I realize that I am exceptionally blessed to be surrounded by an extraordinary amount of people who are thoughtful and kind and passionate and confused and over and above that, in love with life.

Happy birthday Elly, Hans and Jon.

On another note - related but different - you know its been a good night when it ends with everyone in the car laying in the middle of a dark country road listening to Josh Ritter and talking about the length of the yellow dotted lines...which are for the record, almost twice the length of my 6 foot frame - I know it doesn't look like it, but its true. Go lay on one sometime.

No comments: