Monday, July 16, 2007

those LA lights never shine quite as bright as in the movies, do you still want to go...

Today i took a road trip through the country with some friends...we became tourists in our own province. Taking in the museums and towns we would normally never take the time to pull off the highway for. But today we did, and it was beautiful. A gopher museum, an abandoned rail car, and old blue church on a hill...today was full of beautiful randomness with my friends.

However, I took two moments to myself today. One while the girls were eating supper in Subway. It was raining outside, but was still so warm. I took a stroll in the rain down the street, just listening and smelling and watching and not thinking. It was so restful and beautiful. I love the way rain just carefully settles things into their place.

Later I made us stop on the side of the road by a field of hay bales. I jumped the barbed wire and climbed on top of one. I just stood there for a while watching the sunset against the clouds, watching the other few vehicles on the road whiz past, watching my friends chat in the van. I stood there and smelled the humid alfalfa and felt the hay under my feet and breathed in everything I could about that moment. It was also beautiful.

I will remember this tomorrow when I am working, when i will need it to sustain me.

1 comment:

Alana said...

Dear Bri - sounds like you found the monsoon, right there in Edmonton. I've been forcing myself to relax and love the rain, for all my friends who tell me that it is wonderful. I have made my peace with the monsoon. I'll try take a picture of her Bangladeshi aspects for you.