Saturday, August 18, 2007

it just takes some time little girl, you're in the middle of the ride...

Last night I was sitting by a fire and I was asked to play a song on the guitar. And as I declined, I realized that I haven't played guitar in such a long time. I stared at that guitar and couldn't think of a single song that I would want to play. This sort of disturbed me. I have come to think of myself as a musical person. I have played piano and guitar and sax for most of my life. And its been months and even years since I've picked these instruments up. I am slowly allowing myself to become un-musical, which is odd, seems how I always have music playing in my life. When i'm home, when i'm at work, when i'm cooking supper, when i'm showering, when i'm reading...I'm always listening to music. But never any music coming from myself. I used to love playing music. It never sounded as good as the original people performing it, but there was something in the feeling of playing it for myself that really captured of piece of myself.
I think I will pick up my guitar again tonight and see what comes of it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I will play my keyboard tonight. Your words inspired this.

Anonymous said...

i think i will play my keyboard tonight. your words inspired this.