Wednesday, August 08, 2007

miss almost, miss maybe, miss halfway...

I went for a walk with Jamie in the rain tonight for 2 hours. She always has so much going on in her mind and when we go for walks, it seems to just spill out from her and take shape and form and its incredible to just sit back and listen to and watch and let it wash over me.
There is so much faith and hope and beauty and passion in what she says that I am so challenged by it. On days when I begin to feel as if the human race is becoming ridiculous and stupid and so self-centered, there are moments that she says something and I am forced to step back and see the hope and beauty in humanity and the love and potential that exists in this world.
It makes me realize that there is so much more that I could do with my life and at the same time, that there is a real simplicity in just loving and respecting the people around me.

And as it continues to drizzle rain and the temperature drops, I realize...I have enjoyed this summer.

1 comment:

Katelyn said...

wow.. this is such an lovely post. inspiring words.. it moves me