Saturday, September 29, 2007

slow dancing in a burning room...

its getting earlier and earlier, that moment when my kitchen and living room erupt in a blaze of setting sun light. Two weeks ago, it was as I settled down after supper, last week it was as I was eating and now I barely make it home from work in time to see it. I can't wait until daylight savings when I can catch it again in that extra hour. I didn't go in to work today under the pretense that: #1. it was saturday and i shouldn't have to work every weekend and #2. i had a lot of other work to get done before next weekend. and its true, i did have a lot to do and i shouldn't have to work every weekend, but really, when i woke up this morning, looked at my clock and made the decision to stay home, I was thinking about this moment. When I can sit at my kitchen table with that strong, beautiful sunlight on my back before it runs its way across the row of trees out my back door and sets to some other place in the world. I will miss it come wintertime.

No comments: