Sunday, December 02, 2007

all of my friends fall from the sky now...

Today I went for supper with Jamie at "Churros King", one of my favorite Chilean places in the city. Now, I haven't been at Churros in about a year and a half, but they make some real good roast beef and green bean sandwiches and rellenos. Its a family run business and they have about 9 tables. The mom and dad cook in the back and the son runs all the table service. When I have come before, he used to chat with me a bit about speaking Spanish and traveling.
Well today he came over to the table with water glasses and menus and said, "Hey, you haven't been in here for a while, and you are wearing contacts instead of your glasses! How have you been?" I was blown away. Its been at least 18 months since this guy had seen me, and before then I had only come to eat a handful of times, but he not only recognized me, but remembered details about me!
Human interaction amazes me.

No comments: