Thursday, December 13, 2007

As in olden days...

I had a bad day. Mostly because things didn't turn out the way I wanted them too. Usually I can roll with the punches pretty well but today, I was unimpressed. The biggest disapointment of the day came in the form of UPS. (please do yourself a favor and ship with FedEx...this is the second time this month that UPS has caused major problems in this household). Anyways, the package I was promised on Wednesday got waylaid and so I was guaranteed delivery today. That was, of course, until they forgot it in Calgary this morning. Now I am "guaranteed delivery" tomorrow. right.
After my fourth call to UPS trying to track its whereabouts, I let Mr"i'm sorry mam, thats just sometimes the way it happens" know that I did not appreciate the company he worked for and would no longer ever be using them for my shipping needs (or something along those lines). Now I'm not usually the type of person who lets the man/woman in the call center have it because really, its not their fault and not only are they are not personally responsible for your misfortune, but there is nothing they can do. Today though, I was mad. Really really mad.

In an effort to burn off some angry energy, I went for a walk because it really was a beautiful day outside. By the time I got to the far end of the farm - in record speed - my ears were frozen and my feet were wet. I then realized I had to walk all the way back. As I was blowing into my mittens and turning around, the sun hit that point as its going down where it just peaks through the very top branches of the trees and hits you full in the face. I just closed my eyes and breathed for a while, enjoying the blinding sun on my eyelids. The walk back was much better after that. An old man was pushing an old school baby buggy that, when I got closer, his tiny dog was sitting in all wrapped up in sweaters and blankets. The wind from yesterday had whipped little caps onto the snow drifts in the ditch and I found one of Bethany's mittens that I had lost off the roof of my car last night...this gives me hope that the other one is just enjoying the lightness of the snow and will soon come around to letting himself be found as well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

my mitten! so they did fly off the roof after all!