Thursday, February 08, 2007

for once i want to be the car crash, not just the traffic jam...

Being a Grey's Anatomy night and all, I have been thinking about my favorite quote from last week. While talking to Addison about her and George getting married in Vegas Callie says "It was all my idea. I embrace the trashy". And sitting in my college house, I've been noticing things this week that fall into that category. Maybe not getting married in Vegas trashy, but trashy none the less. Trashy that was all my idea. Trashy that I embrace...

- The top half of a Grolsch beer bottle transplated into a pot and set out along the windowsill with the plants, to add greenery
- A clipping of Cosmo's "Guy Without His Shirt" tapped to the wall
- A cardboard sign proclaiming "#5 I want to have your babies" gracing the top of our livingroom furniture
- A Brahma beer box to hold the pens on our counter
- A word of the day board that has "I EMBRACE THE TRASHY"

Yes, I embrace the trashy and make no excuses...and in fact, at this moment I quite love it and I think I shall revel the trashy until my show begins!

2 comments:

Sameer Vasta said...

Wholly unrelated to the post...that opening line from Headlights is one of my favorite lines in a song, ever.

Kathlyn D said...

mmmm trashy. something made me think of raymond carver.