Monday, October 22, 2007

i'll tell you something, i think you'll understand...

I watched Across the Universe with Jamie yesterday. It was AMAZING! One of the best movies I've seen in a long time. Usually when I go to the theater, I come out feeling like I spent far too much money on something that wasn't really worth it. Well, if I had the time, I would have turned around, bought another ticket and watched it all over again. Natasha bought the soundtrack last week and now its pretty much all i'm listening to.

This week has been fairly crazy full of things to do and places to go and people to catch up with, and yes, i am aware it is only monday. tonight i went out for korean with Stefan who was just in town for a few days. We found this little hole-in-the-wall place with amazing bbq and it is just across the street from one of my favorite pubs. I'd never seen it before. who woulda guessed.

I've been wearing my blue shirt, doing lots of marking and drinking lots of chai from Remedy. Unfortunately, I have come to the conclusion that the amount of caffine in their chai makes me sick. Really really sick. Its sad, because it tastes so beautiful and warm and now even one full mug has me regretting it an hour later. They do have a tamarind cider though that I'm curious to try out, so not all is lost.

Well, I needed to mark at least 3 papers tonight and I'm at paper #1 still, so I should get off the internet, but instead I'm wasting time on the internet.

Yesterday I was reminded of my love for Edna St. Vincent Millay. So I will leave those of you who have managed to follow this random line of thoughts with a poem from her tonight...

First Fig

My candle burns at both ends;
It will not last the night;
But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--
It gives a lovely light!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

try the tamarind cider and tell me how it is!