Saturday, November 17, 2007

I can't help you anymore...

This morning I woke up to beautiful sunlight streaming into my room and I thought I'd watch some cartoons. Sadly the only network that really carries Saturday morning cartoons anymore, is the french channel, so after watching some French Tin Tin, I decided just to listen to music and put together a list of clients/publications of my photography. Who knows when I might need to present something like that, and well, this morning was as good a time as any to do it. As I was sorting through the past two years of photographing, the images reminded me of the time and place that I had taken them in. They reminded me of the space I was in at that time: what I thought I wanted, where I thought I wanted to be, who I through I was working towards being. And I remember being really serious about doing graduate work at The University for Peace in Costa Rica. Still not an idea I've let go of, but something I realize I have plenty of time for. Well, I remember loving the idea of this place, its programs, its ideals. And how, slowly, the practicalities of going there put it in perspective that maybe I need more time to become me before I take on such an impressive place. As I was thinking about that time in my life, I came across an e-mail I had forgotten about. It came about 6 months after I had decided the University for Peace was not in my relatively near future. It was from the University for Peace, asking permission to use some of my photos in one of their publications. Life does run in circles. Sometimes it feels like futile circles when you're in the middle of it, but from the larger perspective,they are very strange and fulfilling cycles.

No comments: