Wednesday, November 14, 2007

in a time, occupied and invaded, can’t tell what’s right, better hit the ground running...

I've been wearing pretty thin these past few days. Things that I wouldn't usually let get to me, have been finding their way under my skin and festering. Lately, comments about my finances, my image, my hometown, my car and my intelligence keep piling up where I'd usually shrug them off. The worst are those backhanded comments people make as though out of concern or interest, but in reality their just trying to put you down to put themselves above you. Ripping away your armour so they can set themselves up for a clear shot. And i know this is what they're getting at, but it doesn't make it any easier to swallow or to act as though it hasn't affected me. It seems so difficult to find a safe space.

A "flickrFriend" of mine recently posted a beautiful photo with this caption:

"There are days I drop words of comfort on myself like falling rain, and remember it is enough to be taken care of by myself."

http://www.flickr.com/photos/solicitous86/1918649607/

No comments: